SERVES 4 | 15 MINUTES | 377 CALORIES
This heart-healthy vegetarian recipe has a plant focus and a comfort-food feel. It only takes 15 minutes to throw together, yet it provides 26% of your daily value of protein and 40% of your daily value of fiber.
- 15 ounces black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared fresh salsa, divided
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- To make the filling, combine beans, cheese and 1/4 cup salsa in a medium bowl. Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1/2 cup filling on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas. Serve the quesadillas with avocado and the remaining salsa.
Recipe by EatingWell