SERVES 4 | 10 MINUTES | 210 CALORIES
In Israel, no meal is complete without “salatim” or a small salad. This quick, easy, vegan and gluten-free salad is the perfect light and nutritious side dish to any meal or barbecue.
- 4 cucumbers, diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- ⅓ cup fresh mint, chopped (optional)
In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, garlic and parsley (as well as the optional bell pepper and mint). Next, make the dressing. In a separate bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. When ready to serve, toss the salad with dressing.