You may pay less than your premium; you’ll never pay more.
The Select Level-Funding Plan is level-funded health insurance; that means it gives you the money-back benefits of self-funding, PLUS risk protection.
It’s not magic. It’s engineering.
We’re able to offer this amazing plan to small and mid-size engineering firms thanks to the collective buying power of all the members of ACEC.
How it works
- Fixed Premium. Your firm only has to pay a fixed annual premium, which covers claims, risk premiums and fees of the third-party administrator, Meritain Health.
- Surpluses Refunded. At the end of the year, if you spent less than expected on health care services and claims, the extra funds will go straight back to your firm, based on your plan type.
- All Shortages Covered. Thanks to the combined financial security of all the ACEC member firms participating in the Trust, your firm will never have to pay more than the annual premium you agreed to, even if your expenses go over. The financial risk is covered by the Trust and our insurance carrier partner.
- ACA Exemptions. Our Select Level-Funding Plan is a level-funded plan governed by ERISA, exempt from the rate and pricing requirements under the Affordable Care Act.
- Attentive Service. Dedicated customer service team available to meet your unique needs.
- Broad National Network. Aetna Choice POS II Network of doctors and hospitals, plus more than 75,000 pharmacies nationwide.
- 50-Plus Benefit Plan Options. More than 50 standard PPO plan designs with in- and out-of-network benefits, with varying deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums.
- 30-Plus Health Savings Account (HSA) Plan Options. More than 30 high-deductible health plan options qualified for health savings accounts.
- Value-Added Services.Wellness plans, virtual care services and BenefitSolver – a streamlined online enrollment and eligibility system – at no additional cost.