SERVES 4 | 20 MINUTES | 324 CALORIES
A citrus-jalapeño slaw adds a zesty and delicious crunch to these fish tacos. Add some sweetness to each bite by serving with peach or mango fruit salsa.
- 1 lb fresh or frozen tilapia fillets
- 2 1/2 cup, shredded prepared shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 1/4 cup, sliced thinly sliced, halved red onion
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 1/8 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 4 whole-grain flour tortillas
- * Peach or mango salsa (optional)
- * Lime wedges
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Measure thickness of fish fillets. Set aside. In a medium bowl combine coleslaw mix, red onion and jalapeño; set aside. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, orange juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/16 teaspoon salt. Pour lime juice mixture over the cabbage mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, the remaining 1/16 teaspoon salt and the ancho chili powder; sprinkle evenly over one side of each fish fillet.
- Stack tortillas and wrap in heavy foil. Place fish and tortilla stack on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and tortillas are heated through, turning fish and tortilla stack once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish and tortilla stack on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Remove fish and tortillas from grill. Cut fish into four serving-size pieces and divide among tortillas. Top with the slaw mixture. If desired, serve with salsa. Pass lime wedges.
Recipe by EatingWell